1:10 PM

The Impossible Astronaut

Posted by Rebecca |

I got two pages into a draft of a review of this episode and then realized that it was complete rubbish. Other’s have already written quite excellent recaps of “The Impossible Astronaut,” but even after two viewings I can’t quite wrap my head around it or be, in any way, rational enough about it to write a review about it. Instead, he’s a list of “my favorites” of the episode…which is really just an excuse to look up the brilliant words of Steven Moffat and put them all together in a blog post with this picture. (Note: If you haven't watched Doctor Who, or this episode. I would beg, beg, beg, BEG that you stop here and continue your day. This series is too good to be spoiled.)

Favorite ex-FBI agent: Canton Everett Delaware III for obvious reasons. And for being Mark Sheppard (we made eye contact once.)

Favorite Blast-From-The-Past: Rory knowing the appropriate way to bury and honor a lord, him being Roman and all.

Favorite Shivers-Up-My-Arms Moment: When River says “spoilers” and we, for the first time, know what they are.

Favorite Funny Line: “Just popped out to get my special straw. It adds more fizz.”

Favorite Doctor Moment: The Doctor refusing to go to 1969 because he knows his companions aren‘t telling him something very, very important. And in that moment, he hates the a little and we get a glimpse of the Doctor as Time Lord. “What? A mysterious summons? You think I'm just going to go? Who sent those messages? I know you know. I can see it in your faces. Don't play games with me. Don't play games with me. Don't ever, ever think you're capable of that.”

Favorite “I Am Now A Fan Of This Relationship” Moment: “Doctor: Doctor Song, you've got that face on again.” “River: What face?” “Doctor: The ‘he’s hot when he’s clever’ face.” “River: This is my normal face.” “Doctor: Yes it is.” “River: Oh, shut up.” “The Doctor: Not a chance.”

Favorite “Don’t Cry. Don’t Cry. Don’t Cry” Moment (besides the obvious): River’s monologue about loss to Rory. The best part being, “Every time we meet I know him more, he knows me less. I live for the days when I see him. But I know that every time I do he'll be one step further away. The day's coming when I'll look into that man's eyes—my Doctor—and he won't have the faintest idea who I am. And I think it's going to kill me.”

Favorite Unanswered Stuff: What is with Abigail’s song from “A Christmas Carol”?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe